• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Seattle Dining Help

one of the magazines named Spinasse best new restaurant, and I have to agree. It's really good.

Chef Stowell probably won't be at Union. He'll be up the hill at his new place, Anchovies and Olives. good Italian seafood.

Poppy is fun too.

Can you elaborate on your choices - in particular The Georgian Room and Etta's? Have you been to the others or is there something specific you like about them (location, wine list, reservations possible...)

I think one of Tom Douglas's places is reasonable and I like Etta's enough, but I think you would get a different opinion from most (who would vote for Palace Kitchen or Dahlia first.) I had a really good time at Lola's last year (it's been a slow year out for me.)

I recommend Spur Gastropub just because it feels so fresh and young, which might not be what you are looking for.

There are some less extensive and expensive dinners at The Corson Building these days - a different food experience.

I like Spinasse so much, but am a bit put off by how quickly that tab adds up. And the tight big tables (maybe not so packed these days.)

Have you been to Steelhead Diner in the market? There have been some mixed reviews, but overall, it's pretty nice. You might be able to call ahead and get Kevin Davis to make you a special meal - ask him for an angry crab preparation if you like to get messy and if crab is in season.

Lark? Always on my best list.

I haven't been to Art of the Table, but it gets raves from everyone I've talked to who has gone.

Edited by tsquare (log)

We have been to Dahlia Lounge, Six Seven, Salty's and Flying Fish in Belltown, I wanted to try some new places this visit. I have always wanted to try Matt's @ the Market, we love seafood, especially salmon and crab! :)

Instead of Zoe, I would go to their newer restaurant, Quinn's. I still love Union, but Anchovies and Olives is fresh and new. I would probably take Etta's off the list and swap in either Art of the Table or Boat St Cafe or Olivar. The Georgian is fine, not exciting by any means, but solid. If I were to go some place in the Fairmont Olympic it would actually be Shuckers during happy hour for oysters. Unlike many other oyster haooy hours all of their oysters are available at happy hour prices instead of a select few. While you're here, do try some Shigoku oysters though, they are absolutely fabulous. Spur is also a great choice especially to pop in for a bite and a drink before heading off to another place.

Rocky

Thanks, I think we will drop by Shuckers for those oysters! We did have a very nice dinner at Etta's last night. The Copper River Salmon was amazing, we loved the Clam Chowder and the Caesar Salad. The coconut cream pie was amazing, just as everyone said!

This am we did dine at The Georgian, a very elegant dining room and my Smoked Salmon Benedcit was perfectly prepared. I loved the apple-mango juice served at breakfast and the papaya and mango on the fruit platter was really good. Our service was top-notch, also.

Our town car driver suggested Quinn to us last night, maybe we will try them tonight. I think Cafe Campagne sounds very cool for breakfast tomorrow morning. The weather in Seattle is beautiful today! :)