• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La Fiaschetteria restaurant near Parma

fortedei

Locanda La Fiaschetteria in Besenzone is in the heart of culatello country ( they produce their own culatelli) and for opera fans, very close to Roncole Verdi and Busseto.

Run by Giani Rigoni and his wife Patrizia Dadomo, Fiaschetteria offers excellent food and wine (his passion) in a wonderful setting. The Locanda is set surrounded by farms and green fields. It has three very comfortable rooms (all with redone bathrooms), so there is no need to drive after dinner. Well paced service is very professional but casual and friendly, not stuffy. Well prepared, well plated, flavorful dishes. A very good place to eat and stay in the Parma area, run by friendly accommodating hosts.

To give you an idea of the menu: for antipasti my wife had millefoglie di alici marinate al prezzemolo, mousse di capperi e bruschetta; I had fiori di zucca al forno ripieno di faraona. For primi, Savarin di riso (ciambella di risotto allo zafferano, con sugo di porcini, polpettine ai tre macinati e ricoperto con lingua di manzo salmistrata).I had the ravioli riepieni di brasato di vitello. For main courses: Lumache sgusciate cotte nel coccio and I had the Arrosto di capretto. Two desserts, aperitivi, one glass of dessert wine and a bottle of 2005 Taber Lagrein Riserva, came to a toal of 165 Euros. The room was 120 Euros.

GO !!!

The web site is www.la-fiaschetteria.it

Sounds fantastic! Hmmm, two words I seem to be writing here more and more often. That is, so many places to eat, so little time in country. Is this near Busseto or Zibello? For some reason the name seems to ring a bell. Thanks.

Sounds fantastic! Hmmm, two words I seem to be writing here more and more often. That is, so many places to eat, so little time in country. Is this near Busseto or Zibello? For some reason the name seems to ring a bell. Thanks.

Very close to Busseto and about 12km. from Miriam's (La Buca) in Zibello.

It is a very similar restaurant to Da Ivan. The food is a bit more flavorful and better plated, the cooking a touch more refined. Both, however, are wonderful places in the style of the late great Beppino Canterelli of San Busseto (who was the father of the post war revival of regional Italian cooking).

Of course, on a different scale because it is an entirely different type of place, there is nothing (and no one) like Miriam's.