• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"Underground" dining in San Diego

Nargi

So, a lot of us are familiar with places like StudioKitchen in Philly, SubCulture Dining in San Francisco and ZKitchen (is that place still around?) in North Carolina (I think), but is there anywhere like this in San Diego? Or maybe close to San Diego, like lower Orange County or Temecula?

I haven't heard of any, and I think this might be because not a lot of people consider SD to be much of a food-centric place, but I'd definitely like to see if there's anything around like this, OR... if anyone would be interested in setting something up. I've wanted to try something in this vein for a while, but I haven't found too many people who are willing to pay $75-100 for a meal.

Any help in either part of this would be greatly appreciated.

I've never eaten a Hot Pocket and thought "I'm glad I ate that."