• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Top Restaurants in Pforzheim, Germany?

Needing to be in Pforzheim of an afternoon for a business meeting, I am interested in knowing what the top fine dining restaurants are in this city. Anyone here have any ideas?

--

Pforzheim is indeed a nightmare - there is literally nothing noteworthy in town. About 15km you find the Villa Hammerschmiede (1*) but after my last Sunday lunch there it is a clear "Can't recommend"... There are some bib restaurants around Pforzheim (10km away) where I have not been yet - just try Viamichelin...

Pforzheim is indeed a nightmare - there is literally nothing noteworthy in town. About 15km you find the Villa Hammerschmiede (1*) but after my last Sunday lunch there it is a clear "Can't recommend"... There are some bib restaurants around Pforzheim (10km away) where I have not been yet - just try Viamichelin...

Indeed not an easy city for dining. Within a radius of 50km that changes dramatically though......

I have heard that http://www.seehaus-pforzheim.de/ is a reasonable option within the city. At least they seem to have seasonal menus. Good luck!