• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Festa Italiana

Hard H2O

I went to Festa about 7 years ago when I was in college. It was fun, but not super authentic, I think. But there was good food and it's always fun walking around the Summerfest grounds.

I miss Sciortino's so much! My friend Kristina and I would head over to the Eastside on the weekends for our biscotti for the week! Yum!

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Frederico Fellini

I went to Festa about 7 years ago when I was in college. It was fun, but not super authentic, I think. But there was good food and it's always fun walking around the Summerfest grounds.

I miss Sciortino's so much! My friend Kristina and I would head over to the Eastside on the weekends for our biscotti for the week! Yum!

I agree on th authenticity. I always question when food in the U.S. is advertised as "authentic". Taking any regional cuisine out of its region will compromise it in some way.

It is a great eating experience. If the food is good I am happy.

The last time I was there the Sciortino's booth had a casatina. It was a little cake that was incredible.

• 2 weeks later...