• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Fat Duck 2004 SPLIT

Corpaga -

welcome to eGullet. Thanks for posting your review.

What did you think of the sardines on toast ice cream? And the sweetbreads in hay?

"Gimme a pig's foot, and a bottle of beer..." Bessie Smith

Flickr Food

"111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321" Bruce Frigard 'Winesonoma' - RIP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys back from my amazing double header of FD and WSI, will give a full account of both restaurants as soon as I can. Just quickly though Anthony Worrall Thomspson was sitting across the way from me at the Fat Duck tuesday evening, seemingly enjoying himself!

I went into a French restaraunt and asked the waiter, 'Have you got frog's legs?' He said, 'Yes,' so I said, 'Well hop into the kitchen and get me a cheese sandwich.'

Tommy Cooper

• 2 weeks later...

I did a day at Le Gavroche a month ago.

Was going to write it up here when i had the time. It was pretty awesome though. I had always wanted to see what it was like in a professional kitchen and sent an email saying i hated my job and could i pop down for half an hour just to see what it was like and got a reply from Michel Roux Jr saying to come down for the day.

• 2 months later...