• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

JFK Terminal 8 food

MelissaH

We're going to be flying to Europe from JFK Airport on American Airlines, next week. According to the information I've been given, our flight will leave from Terminal 8. What's going to be our best bet for a decent meal? We'd like to be able to get a reasonable late lunch/early dinner, so that we can then get on the airplane and fall asleep for as long as possible, and thus hit the ground running.

Leaving the secured area is out of the question.

Thanks,

MelissaH

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2

eat before you get to the airport

Unfortunately, that's not possible, as we'll be arriving on a connecting flight.

MelissaH

http://vinovolo.com/ looks klike the best bet from the terminal guide - don't think it had opened last time i flew out of JFK and we ended up in the sports bar drinking beer

"Experience is something you gain just after you needed it" ....A Wise man

eat before you get to the airport

Unfortunately, that's not possible, as we'll be arriving on a connecting flight.

MelissaH

http://vinovolo.com/ looks klike the best bet from the terminal guide - don't think it had opened last time i flew out of JFK and we ended up in the sports bar drinking beer

I ended up in the Newark branch of this establishment not long ago. Nothing to write home about, necessarily, but head and shoulders above normal airport "cuisine." Decent charcuterie, very drinkable wine, as I recall.

I'm on the pavement

Thinking about the government.

• 3 weeks later...

<sigh>

Don't eat the pizza in Terminal 8.

This particular location had among the most dismal of airport food offerings I've seen anywhere. Terminal 3 was at least slightly better, as I discovered on the way home.

Another reason to hate flying through JFK, I guess.

MelissaH

MelissaH

Oswego, NY

Chemist, writer, hired gun

Say this five times fast: "A big blue bucket of blue blueberries."

foodblog1 | kitchen reno | foodblog2