• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jaime Oliver teams with ABC

KristiB50

I just saw THIS on Yahoo News.

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) – ABC is teaming with British chef Jamie Oliver and Ryan Seacrest for a new series that gives healthy makeovers to an entire city.

Oliver will travel to the unhealthiest places in America and find ways to use nearby resources to improve local eating habits. The network has ordered six hours of the project from Ryan Seacrest Productions.....

It could be interesting or a trainwreck. I'll be interested to see where he goes.

Edited by KristiB50 (log)

I fear that there will be lots of lectures about fresh food, locally sourced ...which is too expensive for the average family.

He'd best not mess with Philly and cheesesteaks!

I live in the Southern part of the US, you mess with our barbeque and there will be fight.

"I eat fat back, because bacon is too lean"

-overheard from a 105 year old man

"The only time to eat diet food is while waiting for the steak to cook" - Julia Child

I live in the Southern part of the US, you mess with our barbeque and there will be fight.

I suspect he'll definitely be messing with Texas. Not only do we love our 'cue, but we've also got Mexican food to contend with.

And since three of the Top Ten Fattest Cities in the US are in Texas, I'm sure Jamie is headed our way.

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a segment where Jamie and Alice natter away, but the concept is cute, and I'm willing to give it a shot.

Disclosure: Jamie writes family-friendly delicious recipes. I like him, whatever his evangelistic flaws.

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I'm pretty sure that there will be a segment where Jamie and Alice natter away, but the concept is cute, and I'm willing to give it a shot.

Disclosure: Jamie writes family-friendly delicious recipes. I like him, whatever his evangelistic flaws.

I agree about his recipes, and loved his show from the garden. I will watch. I'm sure it will be less juvenile than his Twitter messages, and that would be a good thing. I hope that it will focus on tasty food.

"Life itself is the proper binge" Julia Child

I fear that  there will be lots of lectures about fresh food, locally sourced ...which is too expensive for the average family.

If it's not some Gastronomically Correct preachfest, it might be worth watching. Edited by Bricktop (log)