• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where to buy Kaya in London

Hey,

I remember having this stuff on perfect, slightly sweet, toasted bread while in Singapore and Malaysia, and was wondering if anyone out there knew if/where this could be purchased in London?

I certainly don't recall seeing it Loon Fung or any of the Chinatown groceries, but I might be wrong...

Any help would be most gratefully appreciated!

Many thanks

Raj

I've seen it in most Chinatown shops and in Wing Yip, Hoo Hing and Loon Fung 'superstores'.

Many thanks, will have another look! Sorry I didnt get a chance to check this again yesterday.

Cheers...yummy toast here I come!

Raj

• 3 weeks later...

I hope the kaya you find doesn't come in a tin...you'll be disappointed as it will not taste the same as what you got in the kopitiams. You'll find ways to eat kaya here, there's also a recipe, if, sadly, you can only find the sweet flavourless tinned stuff.

TPcal!

Food Pix (plus others)

Please take pictures of all the food you get to try (and if you can, the food at the next tables)............................Dejah