• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday night dinner rec, near Soho, not too pricey

Swicks

I arrive Sunday evening and want to grab a quick bite, something near Soho where I am staying. I'd like something not too pricey, maybe $40 or less including a glass of wine. I definitely don't want to deal with huge crowds either.

I was thinking something casual, maybe winebar-esque, maybe just a bunch of appetizers or small plates. I'll be alone so bar dining would be ideal.

I thought of inoteca? Or a gastro pub?

I'd like something close but I don't mind getting in a cab to go nearby to the WV or something but I really don't want to trek uptown or anything.

Thanks!

"A man's got to believe in something...I believe I'll have another drink." -W.C. Fields

If you can grab a seat at the bar at Lupa, you can get out for around $40 with an antipasto or two and a plate of pasta. Around.

The wine bar at Peasant is pleasant.

Inoteca is not in Soho and is a bit of a walk, depending on the part of Soho where you're staying.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?