• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Red bull cola

Mr. Delicious

Red bull is now making a "natural" cola, it contains things like coca leaves, mustard seed, ginger, corn mint?? I like it but it does taste a bit different than everything else. Wondering what anyone else thinks.

• 2 months later...

Haven't tried this one yet - i do love cola. i have tried Pepsi Raw which sports a similar list of natural ingredients as red bull cola. I found it tasted a little like the cheaper colas - like shop own brand in comparison to coca cola. Im not sure using coca cola as a taste benchmark is that appropriate though as its tase is essentially sugar and not so many traditional natural cola ingredients

• 2 months later...

My experience mirrors Jenni's -- I too wanted to like it, but... not quite. The only decent cola I've had in years (Passover Coke excepted) was the Pepsi Throwback from earlier this year. I keep hoping Coke will do something similar.

John Rosevear

"Brown food tastes better." - Chris Schlesinger