• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Pelagia Trattoria (Tampa)

robyn

I probably have to do an overnight to Tampa next week. Business kind of thing. Have to stay at the Grand Hyatt near the airport. Am looking for an ok place for dinner. After reading quite a bit - I came up with Pelagia Trattoria. Has anyone here tried it? If so - can you recommend it? FWIW - I know a lot of you have recommended Mise En Place - but it is a little too far from the hotel to be a comfortable ride. Are there any other places within about 3 miles of the Hyatt I should be looking at?

The restaurants at the hotel (Armani's and Oystercatchers) seemed very expensive - and got uneven to bad reviews. Were these reviews wrong? I don't mind spending the money - but I don't like places that have good views and lousy food. Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Robyn