• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

lunch at Jamie Kennedy @ Gardiner? Or elsewhere?

phoenikia

I'd like to reserve a place for an upscale business lunch somewhere near Avenue and Bloor, where holding a conversation will not be a challenge due to background noise.

Has anyone visited JK at the Gardiner at lunchtime recently? How loud is the space during lunch time?

Has anyone had lunch at Prime at the Windsor Arms? It looks like Prime might be a good choice for a conservative diner. http://www.windsorarmshotel.com/prime_menus/

I realize C5 is an option, but I think the lunch menu might be a little adventurous for the person I'm dining with. Sounds like Spice Room has lost Couillard, and I'm not sure the direction the kitchen has now taken. Also looked at Pangaea's lunch menu which seems steep for what it is. Think One will be too trendy, and I wasn't impressed with my last 2 meals at the Studio Cafe. Gallery Grill won't work for this lunch (want to keep the lunch off campus). Jacques Bistro du Parc's tables are too close together for the type of conversation we will be having.

Is there anywhere else you'd recommend?

Edited by phoenikia (log)

I haven't eaten at the Windsor Arms in a long time, but the space is really classy and not too noisy as far as I recall. I plan on checking out their Tea sometime soon...! Anyway, The WA menu should be quite conservative - it's pretty old school.

Unfortunately, I don't have many other recs in the area that fit what you're looking for.

foodpr0n.com 11/01/17: A map of macarons in Toronto // For free or for a fee - bring your bottle! corkagetoronto.com

I haven't eaten at the Windsor Arms in a  long time, but the space is really classy and not too noisy as far as I recall. I plan on checking out their Tea sometime soon...! Anyway, The WA menu should be quite conservative - it's pretty old school.

Unfortunately, I don't have many other recs in the area that fit what you're looking for.

Thanks for the comments re: lunch at the Windsor Arms, jenc:)

I have not been there in a while for dinner, and even longer for lunch.

I like tasting lots of dishes, so hopefully whoever you end up going with is willing to share.

Some of the Apps look particularly interesting, the tongue and cheek, tuna gravlax, and crab cake (I'm a sucker for a good crab cake)

Then as I scroll down I see sweetbreads! Hmmm...this may be grounds for another visit.

You shouldn't leave disappointed should you choose Pangaea.

Edited by sadistick (log)