• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

East Side Casual but Good

JGreen7292

If you like sushi, Yuka is (IMHO) among the best in the city, and at $20 for all you can eat, really a great deal.

Also, back when I was vegan I really enjoyed Candle Cafe -- great-tasting (if not terribly healthy) vegetarian (it's not all vegan) food, like chimichurri seitan skewers.

Spigolo - good, casual contemporary Italian - may be tough to get a reservation, but outside seating is first come first served (also no corkage for early seatings - before 6:30 or 7:00).

Opus - good high end brick oven pizza and very well executed pastas - usually fairly quiet.

Land - exceptional upscale Thai food.

Beyoglu - very good casual Mediterranean - lots of outside seating.

Edited by Robin Meredith (log)

Spigolo - good, casual contemporary Italian - may be tough to get a reservation, but outside seating is first come first served (also no corkage for early seatings - before 6:30 or 7:00).

Opus - good high end brick oven pizza and very well executed pastas - usually fairly quiet.

Land - exceptional upscale Thai food.

Beyoglu - very good casual Mediterranean - lots of outside seating.

Square Meal on 92nd off Madison. Wonderful American "market driven" food and you can bring your own wine.

I went to Beyoglu last weekend for lunch and found that it had slipped quite a bit.