• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best places to find food-industry jobs

MarkIsCooking

I have a friend who is a pastry chef and looking for work. She is doing the "regular" things like looking in this city's major newspaper, checking craigslist and the site www.BostonChefs.com is a local site that has a section for industry jobs. Of course, she's contacting some people she knows in the industry here and there as well.

I'm wondering what advice the Gulletiers have for any other things you think she should do, websites to visit, strategies to try.

How did you find your last industry job??

Thanks in advance for all input!

-Mark

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child

I've had great luck with Bostonchefs.com. That and craigslist are really the best sites to use, especially in the Boston area.

She could always show it to the restaurant in person to inquire. Sometimes a face to face meeting is harder to dismiss than an e-mail.