• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Est Est Est

stereoboard

Hi ive been searching for Est Est Est by Donovan Cooke, its gone out of print but does anyone know where I can get a hold of a copy, same goes for Noma's first book in English, also just out of print.

Would love your assistance

It is certainly available but very pricey!

click.

Anna Nielsen aka "Anna N"

...I just let people know about something I made for supper that they might enjoy, too. That's all it is. (Nigel Slater)

"Cooking is about doing the best with what you have . . . and succeeding." John Thorne

Our 2012 (Kerry Beal and me) Blog

My 2004 eG Blog

Good luck in trying to find a copy of the Est Est Est cookbook that won't cost you a fortune (as AnnaN has posted). It took me about six or seven years of searching before I found a copy that didn't cost a fortune.

Daniel Chan aka "Shinboners"

Abebooks has a copy for $68.

For those that don't recognise the name

http://www.abebooks.com

and http://www.abebooks.co.uk

are a service on which all manner of booksellers from all over the place can list their stock.

If it ain't there, its VERY VERY rare!

Maybe worth noting that you deal with the bookseller (unlike via Amazon's marketplace).

Its very useful when searching for oddities that are out of print!

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

• 2 weeks later...

I keep hoping i will stumble across it someday in a second hand shop maybe, any idea when the new noma book comes out?

Good luck with the Noma book. I've been searching for that one intermittently for a while now, to no avail. If I find two copies, I'll let you know where - right after I snatch up the first one for myself!  :wink: