• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Intelligentsia Training Lab, Soho, etc.

daisy17

I took a fantastic cupping class today at Intelligentsia's Training Lab. Our small group was led by Daniel and David - two incredibly knowledgeable and passionate coffee guys. Learned how to taste coffee and evaluate and appreciate their various properties. I had a minimal amount of knowledge going in (pretty much amounting to "I like coffee"), and in an hour and a half my eyes have been opened. It seems I have quite a bit to learn. My upcoming trip to Seattle should help my education.

They offer a variety of classes on tasting, cupping, brewing, pairings. Highly, highly recommend if you're interested in coffee. (And it was recession-friendly: $10 and beans to take home.)

Has anyone else been?

Intelligentsia NY Training Lab

Edited by daisy17 (log)