• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Help Me Identify This Korean Veggie

A friend gave me a pot of buchu (Korean chives) a few years ago and in it there was also a tiny stem of something, roots broken off. It was dollamul. I planted it and it grew. And grew and grew. This tiny stem now has progeny scattered from Central California to Seattle and points between.

Later in the season it (whatever I don't pick and eat) will be covered with small yellow flowers. A lot of succulents are poisonous but this one is good, pretty much the whole plant can be eaten unless it has gotten too tough at the base.

Gac

• 2 months later...
This one is fairly small (as you can see it's about the size of my finger) and my family eats it raw in a salad application.  We mix it in a salad with dandelion leaves, wild baby onions, red lettuce, and watercress.  The salad dressing is just fish sauce, chile flakes, and I think some sesame oil?  It's good with grilled meat

gallery_44829_4802_36066.jpg

PURSLANE!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

• 1 month later...