• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Staten Island?

FoodMuse

Visiting Staten Island tomorrow and would love to have a great dinner. I hear there is a thriving Sri Lanken community there.

Flavor is my priority, but it would be nice to eat somewhere with a dining room. Less interested in a take out joint.

Thanks!

Grace

Grace Piper, host of Fearless Cooking

www.fearlesscooking.tv

My eGullet Blog: What I ate for one week Nov. 2010

Subscribe to my 5 minute video podcast through iTunes, just search for Fearless Cooking

I've only been to New Asha on Victory Boulevard, which is more take-out oriented, but has a delicious crab curry and very good string hoppers and pittu.

This blog gives a good summary of the current offerings, though, and the writer is one of the fixers for Anthony Bourdain's Sri Lanka show for No Reservations, so I'd trust his views on authenticity.

If you're in Manhattan, Sigiri is still very good, though the excellent Nirvana is sadly no more.