• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marbleized appearance on chocolate ...

Ceviz

Hi,

Recchiuti has the piece named "Spring jasmine tea" with marbleized covering. I don't think it is a molded piece ... how can I give such a marbleized effect to my fork dipped pieces?

chocon_18.jpg

And, my second question, to make Brésilienne Chips, where can I buy oval-shaped stencil mentioned in the recipe box?

N-1352-ocenImg2.jpg

Thanks in advance ...

The marbleized effect is achieved by drizzling a complementary color of chocolate over the still-wet-from-enrobing bonbon and then vibrating a bit.

See an example -> here

Try the very expensive Chef Rubber for the template used in the chips.

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Hi,

Recchiuti has the piece named "Spring jasmine tea" with marbleized covering. I don't think it is a molded piece ... how can I give such a marbleized effect to my fork dipped pieces?

chocon_18.jpg

And, my second question, to make Brésilienne Chips, where can I buy oval-shaped stencil mentioned in the recipe box?

N-1352-ocenImg2.jpg

Thanks in advance ...

It also looks like he may have set the blower on his enrober to create a wave like appearance. It's hard to tell though...

I, too, like the effect.

The technique is discussed here: http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=123427&st=120

I have to learn that cool trick of writing 'here' and having that be the link. So many things to learn!

to make Brésilienne Chips, where can I buy oval-shaped stencil mentioned in the recipe box

I'm guessing you can make the chips with pvc pipe cut in half horizontally. Spoon or drop with funnel, tempered chocolate on plastic sheets. Place in the half pipe to form the curve, and sprinkle with Bres.

Ruth Kendrick

Chocolot
Artisan Chocolates and Toffees
www.chocolot.com