• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mother/Father's Day Gifts?

faine

The official days of parent honoring are upon us, and I was wondering if the Egullet community had some great gift ideas for the hardcore foodie set. What's the coolest cooking stuff/gourmet treats out there? What are you getting for your parents, or what have you received if you are a parent?

As for me...my gifts for my dad always seem to revolve around meat. Considering getting him a subscription to a gourmet bacon of the month club but my mother may disown me.

My DH and I are the Mom and Dad now.

Still, the best thing I have come across lately is the chocolate covered toffee from Enstrom's in Grand Junction, CO. I had seen it written up in some book as the best toffee in the USA and as we were going past Junction, thought we should stop in and taste it. Keep in mind that I am not a toffee lover by any means, but I thought I had died and gone to toffee heaven.

I know you can get it online from Enstrom's. Truly delicious.

Darienne

learn, learn, learn...

We live in hope.