• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tamales in Houston

brucesw

JimH has mentioned a new tamale source. In the course of my explorations of enchiladas I've come across mentions of some tamales I've never heard of before (Mexican varieties) and have been looking for them, too. I knew Guatemala supposedly has hundreds of different styles of tamales but didn't realize there were different takes on the subject in Mexico other than the big Mexico City style.

Specifically, the tamales nejos and corundas of Michoacan - anybody know where any of these might be served? I found a taqueria with tamales nejos listed in the window but they didn't actually have any, the sign was maybe left over from a previous owner?