• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best cake sale recipes

tkerby

I'm baking for a few cake sales to raise money for the Red Cross and was wondering what your favourite recipes are for this type of event. Ease of baking, low cost and popularity are all important considerations

What I've been doing the past few years is making a sweet bread in my bread machine--I have a Mexican Chocolate bread that is really delish.

The bread is a tall round shape, and I wrap it in clear cellophane and tie with raffia or something pretty--it looks wonderful, takes about five minutes to make, and is always sold instantly.

If you need a couple of breads, just start the day before.

Many great ideas in this previous thread: Good ideas for a baking sale

(Including a nifty recipe for doggy treats!)

And even more in this thread:

Bake sale impaired, what sells?

Pretty creative stuff.

Edited by Jaymes (log)

I don't understand why rappers have to hunch over while they stomp around the stage hollering.  It hurts my back to watch them. On the other hand, I've been thinking that perhaps I should start a rap group here at the Old Folks' Home.  Most of us already walk like that.

What I've been doing the past few years is making a sweet bread in my bread machine--I have a Mexican Chocolate bread that is really delish.

The bread is a tall round shape, and I wrap it in clear cellophane and tie with raffia or something pretty--it looks wonderful, takes about five minutes to make, and is always sold instantly.

If you need a couple of breads, just start the day before.

Zoe,

Would you please share the bread recipe? It sounds wonderful! :wub:

Zoe,

Would you please share the bread recipe? It sounds wonderful!  :wub:

can't share it because it's from Beth Hensberger's The Bread Lover's Bread Machine Cookbook--and it's actually the italian chocolate bread with amaretto icing that i make the most often (probably because for some reason we have 3 bottles of Amaretto), although the Mexican chocolate bread is good, too.

I don't think I've ever made a dog from this cookbook!

I tried googling it to see if it shows up anywhere on the net, but no go..

Zoe.