• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

"From Farm to Table" panel Tues.: Anyone going?

Rehovot

Any eGers going to this panel discussion on NYC's Local Food Movement? Here's a description of the evening, from the Museum of the City of New York's site:

"'Eat locally'" has become the new byword of the sustainable food movement. Farmers markets, community gardens, urban farms, and innovative restaurants all play an integral role in promoting fresh, seasonal produce and in supporting local and regional economies. Join Dan Barber, Executive Chef/Co-owner of Blue Hill at Stone Barns and Blue Hill; Michael Hurwitz, Director of Greenmarket; and Ian Marvy, Director and co-founder with Michael Hurwitz of Added Value and its Red Hook Community Farm, for a panel discussion on being a "locavore" in the country's largest metropolis. Gabrielle Langholtz, editor of Edible Manhattan and Edible Brooklyn, will moderate the conversation. Presented in conjunction with Growing and Greening New York: PlaNYC and the Future of the City."

It's tomorrow, 4/21, at 6:30, at the museum: 1220 Fifth Avenue (b/w E. 103rd and 104th).

More valuable info:

"Reservations required.

$12 Non-Members

$8 Seniors and Students

$6 Museum Members

*A two dollar surcharge applies for unreserved, walk-in participants. [You can purchase tickets online, though.]

For more information, please call 212.534.1672, ext. 3395."

I'm not affiliated with it; it just sounded like something up the collective eG alley. :smile: I plan to go, provided I can get up there in time to buy tickets.