• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

West Island

winegeek

Hi All,

I'm going back home to Montreal in June for a family visit. I will be staying in Kirkland and would love to find a decent place to eat. I'd like something with a fun atmosphere, good food and a decent wine list. It does not have to be fromal dining but nor do I want to got to La Baton Rouge. Maybe a decent tapas place? Is this a tall order? A place with a decent bar to have a drink first?

Derek

le Gourmand in the Pointe Claire village is a good bet. Good food with a good wine list including quite a few private imports as well as a very nice bar. If it's warm enough ask for the terrace which is the best in that area and one of the best in the city.

514-695-9077