• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What would you like Gordon Ramsay to cook for you?

Wow what a story.

So it's not proper to sous vide offsite? Or for multiple locations?

It seems to me there is a huge difference between Banquet TV dinners and what GR is doing to service his pubs. Where it really counts is freshness and taste on the plate.

As far as price goes.... Most restaurants strive to keep food costs at 25-30% of the price. It's just business like the 18-20% payroll cost, 15% rent and depreciation, 2% paper and plastic etc....

Edited by RAHiggins1 (log)
Veni Vidi Vino - I came, I saw, I drank.

Interesting question. I don't like the idea of paying big bucks for what is essentially well-plated airline food. Probably it tastes fine, but there is an element of deception that doesn't go down well. I think that there is a universal expectation that food at a high class joint is cooked on site.

I think that there is a  universal expectation that food at a high class joint is cooked on site.

There is. But as we're discussing on the dining sub-forum, these are not high class joints. They're pubs.

John Hartley

At the risk of submitting a sensible suggestion i would vote for Scallops with quail eggs, Sea Bass with Cep Veloute and then raspberry compote with tarragon cream. This makes up the 3 course meal i cooked from his 3 star chef book and i would like to see how it is intended to taste.