• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create an account.

Slipstream

Best place to buy spices in Montreal?

4 posts in this topic

I was wondering what was your favorite place to buy fresh spices? I seem to find good spices in smaller quantities in some specialty shops, but couldn't find a place where there was a large variety of exotic spices. For example I haven't been able to find Urfa-Biber in Montreal, even at Marché Istanbul.

Not absolutely sure about rare and exotic spices but I've bought some quite nice stuff at Anatol on St. Laurent, a couple of doors away from Milano (the big Italian store). They have some delicious salt blends which I really like also. Lots of stuff there.

epices de cru at jean-talon market is very good, lots of hard to find stuff...

Du beurre ! Donnez-moi du beurre ! Toujours du beurre ! (Fernand Point)

I second that. We live in Ottawa and go to the Jean Talon market a few times a year and always stop in at epices de cru.