• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Buying Fish in Brooklyn

I've looked through the various threads here on the best places to buy fish and I haven't seen any recommendations in Brooklyn.

I've been very happy with the fish I've bought from the Blue Moon folks at the Grand Army Plaza green market but sometimes I don't want to have to wait until Saturday. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

purplechick

"No verse can give pleasure for long, nor last, that is written by

water drinkers." --Cratinus, 5th Century BCE, Athens

Fish Tales, on Court St just below Bergen, in Cobble Hill is excellent. Always high quality and a good, if not great, variety of fresh fish. They also have good prepared soups and stocks, as well as crabcakes, etc. They are helpful with recipes, cooking times, etc. Very friendly, as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Blue Moon Fish is at te Farmer's Market by Borough Hall on Saturdays. Go early, they tend to run out of stuff as the day goes on. Their selection isn't huge, but their quality is great, and their prices are not outrageous.

Ryan Jaronik

Executive Chef

Monkey Town

NYC