• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

the notebook grill

Mr. Delicious

I was recently looking to replace my trashed little charcoal grill, its only used for camping and days at the river, so size was the most important issue, I came across this notebook grill that folds totally flat perfect for packing in a canoe, and then searched it and they had it at sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_0...20070921x00003a

This thing is amazing, the easiest charcoal grill to light and use, utterly amazing and only $20. An absolute must for the outdoorsman foodie. Highly highly recommend it.

I agree as it is not as small as it looks and it has a very decent grilling area (204 sq inch) too.

It is also not very heavy to carry, only 7 lbs :smile:

It is so cute, so portable, I like it! :biggrin: Hubby would probably scoff at it (being used to mega-sized grills).

It really isnt that small, I grilled 7 good sized burgers on it, and had more than enough space for 5 10 oz NYs.

Easy Recipes - A place to find and share cooking recipes that are easy to make.

Buy Kitchen Blenders : Online shop to order kitchen blenders for home & commercial use - All brands listed - Some items ship within 24 hrs

Not a bad-looking alternative to the (now at least temporarily unavailable but vastly superior) Pyromid grills. I have a Pyromid and use it frequently when traveling. It's stainless and about the same weight. This notebook grill you found looks easier to set up and much less expensive. Just be aware, though, that the painted finish won't last, but at that price, who cares?

Ray

Just be aware, though, that the painted finish won't last, but at that price, who cares?

Ray

Not really a big concern it will spend most of its time strapped to a kayak so it will get wet and im sure i will destroy it over the summer but at $2O who cares.