• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vancouver Mag's 2009 Restaurant Awards

barolo

There's also a piece about Umberto and all the chefs who've worked for him and who are successful on their own.

They mention that both Mario Enero (La Rua) and Barbara-jo McIntosh (Books to Cooks) worked as cooks for him. Never knew that, I thought they were Front of House..........

It is good to see that the judges (even if they are a whole year late) give Melissa Craig her well deserved kudos.

Having won the Gold Medal Plates Canadian Culinary Championships in 2008, one wonders what took them so long to realize this young woman's talents.

Congrats to my former employers on their long deserved and way overdue award.

Nice to see the editors actually paying attention to what is going on in the culinary world rather than appearing to reward the establishment spending the most advertising dollar as in past years.

Congrats again to Melissa and Andre as they so totally deserve this recognition!

Kudos to the editors for finally realizing that there is a lot of talent out there that has been overlooked for years.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Oyster Guy (log)

"Why then, the world is mine oyster, which I with sword, shall open."

William Shakespeare-The Merry Wives of Windsor

"An oyster is a French Kiss that goes all the way." Rodney Clark

"Oyster shuckers are the rock stars of the shellfish industry." Jason Woodside

"Obviously, if you don't love life, you can't enjoy an oyster."

Eleanor Clark