• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Where is your favorite place for langoustines?

hemingway

I would like to know a list of a few places to try. I will be in Paris again in May for five nights. I especially would like places that are more affordable than the three star places.

In January I tried both versions at La Fables des Fontaine which at 33 and 38 euros which made me want to look for more.

I live in Dallas and can not find them. Anyone in the states know where they can be shipped in?

No, but I had the Langoustine with mayonnaise at Les Fables de la Fontaine two weeks ago. Being from New England, I spent about a full half hour picking each of them clean. They kind of looked at me funny, I don't think they'd ever seen anyone do that before.

Philly Francophiles

I had the ones there with mayo as well plus had the fried ones in pastry. The portion size of the ones you had to pick apart was much more than the fried version. I loved every minute it took to get all the meat out. I just see three star places with 130 euro version for one dish and figured a few board readers might have some info on other places

Not so sure about La Cagouille...they're not what they used to be ....

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

It's not even the same chef as before, no?

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Anyone tried the live langoustines at Le Pichet? They're great.

blog