• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sausage Making around Missouri area?

I looked (I hope I didn't skip anything) for classes around MO. area and came up with zero.

I live in the St. Louis area and willing to drive....how far I don't know. IL. not out of the question.

At this time I'm looking for a sausage making class. Yes, that would also be all types. Does anyone have any idea on where? I have found one in CA. use to be one in WA but they are out of business.

Thank you for your help,

Jane

Jane,

Check out the book Charcuturie by Michael Ruhlman and Brian Polcyn and these 2 threads:

Cooking with Ruhlman & Polcyn's "Charcuterie", 2008-Present

Cooking & Curing from "Charcuterie": 2005-08, sausages, terrines, cured meats

all of which should eliminate the need for a class . . . at least in the short-term. :smile:

=R=

"Hey, hey, careful man! There's a beverage here!" --The Dude, The Big Lebowski

LTHForum.com -- The definitive Chicago-based culinary chat site

ronnie_suburban 'at' yahoo.com

Ronnie,

I have had the book...it's great. I have also bought about 4 maybe more others on the subject. The "Charcuterie" form is the reason I wanted to become a member. Fabulous group.

But I have had my share of failures....a few of them to keep the numbers down.

I should post a question or two on the form. I also know everyone is so much more advance then myself. I know, I know no such thing as a stupid question. Well I think I can come up with my share! With only 1 day off a week, I'm afraid of reasking the same question (s). I just don't have the time to go through the form again. Even though I must say, the index has helped.

Have bought a wine fridge (thanks to Chris for the suggestion), the sausage stuffer, the grinder that everyone loves (I don't buy any pre-ground meat now), books, casings and so on. I do need a smoker! I have found a farm that will sell me pork belly.

I'm wanting to have success more often then not.

Thank You,

Jane