• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

2 Days in Seattle

Does your name tell us something about your needs? (Are you a vegetarian or vegan?) Where are you from - it will color what I recommend. There is a recent thread on lunch spots in Seattle - a pretty good list to get you started. But here I go anyway:

T-F, lunch at Salumi - it is a long walk or free bus ride south of downtown.

A little farther south, in Pioneer Square proper, is Elliot Bay Bookshop and their cafe downstairs. Recently taken over by the chef/owner of Brasa and getting great reviews.

Always a good spot for lunch - Matt's in the Market or Steelhead Diner. Both are good for dinner as well.

There is also a deli stand at the market serving NY deli sandwiches - great for Seattle, nothing if you come from a land of deli. The Market Grill makes good grilled fish sandwiches - a 10 seat counter and that's all there is to it. Across the aisle is Uli's Sausage - they have seating, fries, and beer as well as a retail counter.

Not too far up the hill to the East is Baguette Box on Capitol Hill. Excellent sandwiches and fries.

Taste, the cafe in the Seattle Art Museum, has a nice menu for lunch too.

Other nice dinners downtown - Restaurant Zoe, Brasa, Le Pichet, and Palace Kitchen (or the other 3 Tom Douglas restaurants.) Lighter fare, with excellent cocktails, and a hip vibe - Spur Gastrropub. They mess around a bit with molecular gastronomy, along with housemade corn nuts.

Breakfast - Lola (a Tom Douglas restaurant), Steelhead Diner on weekends, Etta's also. Dahlia Lounge is also serving weekend brunch.

A bunch of favorite spots are out of downtown. Let me know if you need more options - or something in particular.

Edited by tsquare (log)

I am a vegetarian, but eat fish. As long as there's a couple of options for me, the place doesn't have to be strictly vegetarian. My dining companion is an omnivore, so we try to meet in the middle.

• 2 weeks later...