• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Barcelona Recommendations and HELP!

Hi Gulleteers,

I was hoping to get a bit of help for the weekend, and had a few questions:

My wife wants to have a great Paella experience, unfortunately, I don't have any restaurants in mind, and have learned to avoid the joints with the photos on the walls. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?? and am I correct that in Catalonia, it is called Fideua (sp)??

We have reservations tomorrow at Cinc Sentits......we are doing the sensations menu, but I have heard rumors of them having Suckling Pig, is it worth the substitution??

Also, we are going to try AGAIN to get into Inopia, since last night the red rope was up and about 30-40 people waiting outside @ 10 PM. ??? Is Inopia any easier to get into for lunch???

Lastly, does anyone have any info if the Boqueria is open on Monday???? We have to be at the airport by noon, but don't want to miss the Boqueria. we're kind of pissed about that one!

I obvoiusly don't post very often, mostly since everytime I need to ask a question, the answer is already there. And also since my opinion seems to jive with the majority. But I will definately be posting about our trip this time.

Thankx,

-CW

My wife wants to have a great Paella experience, unfortunately, I don't have any restaurants in mind, and have learned to avoid the joints with the photos on the walls. ANY RECOMMENDATIONS?? and am I correct that in Catalonia, it is called Fideua (sp)??

Fideua or fideus is similar in concept to a paella but made with noodles (angel-hair) rather than rice; but I don't have a restaurant rec for you, sorry.

Lastly, does anyone have any info if the Boqueria is open on Monday???? We have to be at the airport by noon, but don't want to miss the Boqueria. we're kind of pissed about that one!

According to the website, Boqueria is open Monday, closed Sunday; which, checking my calendar, I can confirm, as we visited the Monday before we left Barcelona.