• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Supermac's Garlic Cheese Fries

My daughter fell in love with Supermac's garlic cheese fries when she was in Ireland. She is dying to find a 'copycat' recipe. She says that they aren't just garlicy fries, but that the sauce is a "garlic sauce of wonders" :biggrin: ! Does anyone have any idea how they might do this sauce? Thank you so much!

When I last had this in Ireland a few years ago, it consisted of french fries with aioli sauce (garlic mayonnaise) and melted cheddar cheese. Bearing in mind that Supermac's is a fast food chain, I would not be surprised if the sauce was as simple as garlic powder stirred into some mayo. I doubt that they are whipping up a classic aioli in the back, dribbling in one drop of olive oil at a time.

Regards,

Michael Lloyd

Mill Creek, Washington USA

• 3 weeks later...
My daughter fell in love with Supermac's garlic cheese fries when she was in Ireland.  She is dying to find a 'copycat' recipe.  She says that they aren't just garlicy fries, but that the sauce is a "garlic sauce of wonders" :biggrin: !  Does anyone have any idea how they might do this sauce?  Thank you so much!

Hmmmm please bare in mind that these are only a " garlic sauce of wonders" when you've consumed between 15 and 20 pints of Guinness beforehand.... Supermacs in Ireland is strictly to be eaten when completely bladdered!!!!! :laugh: