• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hell's Kitchen Uk

Hearno

Marco Pierre White is back.

Have a look!

Same format as last time, with such celebs as Anthea Turner, her hubby Grant Bovey, Ade Edmondson and Ms Dynamite.

What are your views on this? I quite liked the last series - Marco came across well, despite his made-for-television customer ejections - but I think it lacked the rivalry elemnet of previous seasons.

Should provide some interesting viewing, whatever.

Marco sure is intent on being on television. After the supreme failure of The Chopping Block, one would think he'd realize he wasn't built for television and go into hiding. Maybe even cook a dish or two, but probably just hide. That's how I'd prefer it.

Indeed. Haven't see The Chopping Block, but heard a lot of the horrific reviews.

It seems strange for someone who built so much of his persona on being distant, reclusive and narky to whore himself out so spectacularly to television.

That said, he was a truly great chef and is a fascinating character. For those reasons alone he is superior to most TV chefs.