• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Open for Easter in Paris

LuckyGirl

Does anyone have thoughts on places that will be open in Paris Easter day? I think the ideal choice would be a beautiful brunch but we could also go for a nice dinner in the mid-priced range.

If anyone would like to join us to dine on Easter send me a PM. We will be a group of 4, all Egulett participants in varying degrees.

TIA,

Diane

Edited by John Talbott and split three topics to make more easily searchable.

Edited by John Talbott (log)

My thanks to you both.

For Easter we had an early afternoon brunch at Drouant. It was perfectly lovely. Brunch that consisted of four small plates: one, a perfectly cooked poached/soft boiled (sous vide?) egg with a few delicate slices of jambon Iberico, a cumin carrot soup, a fruit salad and smoked salmon with herbed fromage blanc. The meal was served with very nice breads, pastries, fresh pressed juice, coffee and tea. It was a perfect meal with wonderful service in a lovely room.

Also thanks to John Talbot who asked for some details on my Easter brunch at Drouant. I am posting a link to the blog entry I made for our Easter day in Paris.

http://athomearoundtheworld.blogspot.com/2...r-in-paris.html

We did not do any finer dining on this visit so Drouant was even more appreciated. It was a really lovely brunch. So much so that I am still thinking about it, especially the egg.

Edited by John Talbott (log)