• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Teucher's Champagne Truffles

beacheschef

I learned a valuable lesson about making a duplicate of the competition. If you are a chocolatier then Teucher is not only a colleague...but...also a competitor. An acquaintance asked me to make a champagne truffle just like Bernard Callebauts. I never tasted or saw his truffle beforehand and I made it with my own spin. She was terribly disappointed. I learned that if someone asks me to make something just like whoever, my response is that if you like what they make then just buy directly from them. I like to be creative and make creations unique to my style and preferences.

Now, having said that, most companies will list what they use somewhere in there website.

I was able to taste the Champagne truffles from Teucher's and I have to say they are the most creamy truffles I've ever tasted. I don't particularly like Champagne truffles, so I didn't care for the taste of the ganache, but the consistency was amazing.

You've made a good point about re-creating someone else's product and having the customer not be satisfied. I took this request on as a challenge - and I may still play around with a recipe - but will let the customer know to keep buying them from Teucher's.

Beaches Pastry

May your celebrations be sweet!

Beaches Pastry Blog