• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Passage 53

fresh_a

Seeing as I predicted Yam'Tcha as last weeks 3star, how 'bout this for next week: Passage 53. Located in Paris' oldest covered passageway (just across the way from Les Racines, this must be the most gastro passage couvert in the city). Anyway, nice modern decor, nothing too incredible (except the tiny private dining room for two on the upper level), cheffed by a former cook from Aida (the only Michelin starred Japanese in Paris), great products (tartar and faux filet from Desnoyer), and friendly , young service. Just a nice little place that makes you feel good, and doesn't murder your wallet. Pix on my blog as I couldn't manage to upload here!

Edited by fresh_a (log)

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

Well it's got a sort of Japanese eye with the preparation and quality of products. The tartar was very good. Apparently his tartar of veal with oysters is the specialty but I didn't try it. The tataki of tuna was great. And the faux filet- yum! The décor leaves one wanting though...

Anti-alcoholics are unfortunates in the grip of water, that terrible poison, so corrosive that out of all substances it has been chosen for washing and scouring, and a drop of water added to a clear liquid like Absinthe, muddles it." ALFRED JARRY

blog

....and two hearts!

blog