• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's

I thought I had started (or someone else had started) a thread lobbying for Trader Joe's to open a store in Kansas City. (If the admins can find it, please do merge).

It seems that my wishes have come true. It was reported in the Kansas City Star that the company is considering a location at 135th and State Line - on the Missouri side to avoid the Kansas liquor retail laws.

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com

Hooray! The location isn't exactly convenient to where we'll be moving (Liberty), but I guess it's better than having to make a trip back to California to go shopping!

You know, Trader Joe's IS in St. Louis. And Minneapolis. Both are much closer than California.

But that's all moot now... hopefully...

“Watermelon - it’s a good fruit. You eat, you drink, you wash your face.”

Italian tenor Enrico Caruso (1873-1921)

ulteriorepicure.com

My flickr account

ulteriorepicure@gmail.com