• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Flourless Chocolate Cake?

The task has been put upon me to find a flourless chocolate cake for a not-very-strict Passover seder next week. It doesn't need to be certified Kosher, just made without flour. I don't even think dairy/non-dairy matters that much (I hear there will be dairy and meat on the same table).

I'm looking in the East Village or near Grand Central, because I don't anticipate taking the whole day off next Wednesday; I don't want to have it so out of our way that I can't get my boyfriend to pick it up if it comes to that. I might be traveling directly from work to GC, so perhaps somewhere on the way (I work in the South Bronx) is viable too, if you all think my parameters are a bit narrow.

BTW, I have actually found one bakery that sells one - Black Hound Bakery has it on their Passover menu in a couple of sizes - but I'd like to know what my options are.

Thanks in advance!

(I hope a finished product belongs here and not NY Dining, but mods can move this if necessary.)

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

payard does these.

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!