• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Oberon is out

Twohearted

It's officially summer for me because the first batch of Oberon has been released. No, I have not had it yet, but a friend who was visiting the Detroit area was kind enough to tip me off to this exciting development.

Sweet sweet Oberon. Twohearted is my favorite, but Oberon's got the goods. I drink mainly local (WI) beers, but I go to Kzoo once a year for about 3-4 days, every night of which is spent at Bell's, sweet sweet Bell's.

nunc est bibendum...

A wheat beer in April? I say it's a little premature to be quaffing the wheat beers when I've still got snow melting on my front lawn.

Let me know when the next batch of Hopslam hits the shelves.

A wheat beer in April?  I say it's a little premature to be quaffing the wheat beers when I've still got snow melting on my front lawn.

Let me know when the next batch of Hopslam hits the shelves.

I agree...it is a bit early. For me, Oberon causes a rush of visual memories:

1. Working at a research lab in Ann Arbor during the summer, riding my bike to and from work and having a keg of Oberon all to myself in our house's kegerator.

2. Boating through the Inland Waterway ( http://www.fishweb.com/maps/inlandwater/ ) out to Lake Huron on the 4th of July weekend with a bunch of friends and a keg of Oberon.