• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Samuel Adams

lancastermike

The other night after work my wife wanted to get a pizza for dinner. We stopped at our favorite local place that makes a nice pie, nothing special about it, just a nice basic pie. As we live in a college town there are a bunch of pizza places and these guys are the best. Maggie said get soem beer as well. This being a college town place they have all sorts of six and 12 packs of stuff I have no desire to even think about drinking.

But amid all the college student drek beer, they also sell Sam Adams. And I got a six pack and I had a good beer with my pizza.

My point to this little story is how amazing it is what they have been able to achieve. To make really good beer and get it distributed to places that may only have Miller Lite or Bud.

I don't live far from some micro breweries and have access to lots of great beer. But when I walked into the pizza place it was good to know that my backup plan did not have to be something I don't care to drink

I'm a big fan of Sam Adams.

I only get it while I'm actually in Boston, so it's nice to go back and relive the memory. Have you tried the Utopias? Potent and delicious. And I like the other seasonal brews from The Boston Beer Company.

Peter Gamble aka "Peter the eater"

I just made a cornish game hen with chestnut stuffing. . .

Would you believe a pigeon stuffed with spam? . . .

Would you believe a rat filled with cough drops?

Moe Sizlack

I'm a big fan of Sam Adams.

I only get it while I'm actually in Boston, so it's nice to go back and relive the memory. Have you tried the Utopias? Potent and delicious. And I like the other seasonal brews from The Boston Beer Company.

I just saw a new Blackberry Witbeer...

Sam Adams was the first beer I ever tasted, when I was, um, 21...that didn't taste like crap. I was hooked (in a good way) since then.

Edited by Reignking (log)

• 9 months later...

I'm not a fan of Sam Adams, though I can appreciate that people like it, it's high quality stuff.

I happen to feel the exact same about Yuengling. It's my go to "popular" beer, that I can find in the most generic of places around here. It's what I buy kegs of for my barbecues, and serve to a bunch of Bud Lite and Corona fans, and I love it for that.