• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bristol Farms officially closed in Mission Viejo.

savvysearch

What a horrible location The Kaleidoscope is. Anyway, I drove there today hoping to buy lunch and was shocked by the blackened windows. I died a little inside. I'm optimistic that they'll open another south county location soon. I know I'll rarely ever drive to the Newport location. Too far away. And if I ever drive to Newport for grocery shopping, it'll probably be for Dean and Deluca instead.

It's not quite the same, but try the Albertson's on Alicia in Laguna Niguel. It's closer to a Bristol Farms than an Albertson's.

Also, there's Gelson's in Dana Point.

I just spent a week in the area. The Gelson's was fabulous and the Albertsons is pretty nice too.

How sad. I taught cooking classes for Bristol Farms a decade ago. Wonder if they are still doing that...

As far as I know Carolyn, only at their store in Manhattan Beach. There's a store about a mile away from me, and they very occasionally will have a wine-tasting dinner event in the cafe (maybe once a quarter??), with tickets running about $50 to $75 per person, but never any cooking classes at the local stores. I've only ever seen cooking clasess at the Manhattan Beach location, and now not as frequently as they used to. It seems as though they used to be monthly, and now, in thinking about it, I can't remember the last time I saw a promo for one. I suspect when the brand was sold to Albertson's that was one of the cuts. :sad:

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"

How sad. I taught cooking classes for Bristol Farms a decade ago. Wonder if they are still doing that...

As far as I know Carolyn, only at their store in Manhattan Beach. There's a store about a mile away from me, and they very occasionally will have a wine-tasting dinner event in the cafe (maybe once a quarter??), with tickets running about $50 to $75 per person, but never any cooking classes at the local stores. I've only ever seen cooking clasess at the Manhattan Beach location, and now not as frequently as they used to. It seems as though they used to be monthly, and now, in thinking about it, I can't remember the last time I saw a promo for one. I suspect when the brand was sold to Albertson's that was one of the cuts. :sad:

I've taken more than a few classes at the Long Beach store, but that was at least 8 or 9 years ago. I took a class from Bruce Aidells and The Two Hot Tamales( Mary Sue Miliken and Susan Feniger).

I taught at Manhattan Beach. And over a decade ago, it was a weekly class...

I've taken more than a few classes at the Long Beach store, but that was at least 8 or 9 years ago.  I took a class from Bruce Aidells and The Two Hot Tamales( Mary Sue Miliken and Susan Feniger).

REALLY???? Day-um. I sure must've been asleep at the wheel ! I'd have been there with bells on for the Miliken/Feniger class for sure !

8-9 years ago is right about the time they opened. Wonder where I was....? Apparently not paying attention....*sigh* If I only had a brain.......:wacko:

--Roberta--

"Let's slip out of these wet clothes, and into a dry Martini" - Robert Benchley

Pierogi's eG Foodblog

My *outside* blog, "A Pound Of Yeast"