• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Value Dining

scarlet knight

I think the prices at Stamna are terrific! Great value all around.

Can't miss in the Ironbound, either...I can always get at least 2 meals out of an entree from Casa Vasca or Marisqueira. :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

La Sicilia on Washington Ave and Belleville.

I know I talked this place up on another thread, but the place has many solid dishes in the $10.00 and under category.

Only the mighty Veal Braciole ($11.00), which is off the menu, and some pizzas break the $10.00 barrier. I think the place is caught up in a late 70's early 80's time warp.

God Bless Guiseppe and his family for breathing life into the old "Italian American Red Sauce" style of cooking.