• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Glass storage jars

Athena1963

Hey guys, several years ago I bought several small glass storage jars at Ikea. They hold 2 and 3 cups or so and are clear glass with straight, faceted sides and plastic snap-on lids. On the lid is the logo of an archer, kneeling on one knee and under the archer is the word 'French'. The lids were red or white, they had both. I have not seen these at Ikea in a long time but did see them at another store a few years ago but cannot find them now. Does anyone possibly know who the manufacturer might be so I can hunt more of these jars down? They had a 1-cup size that would be perfect for me but I do not know who makes them. Thanks for any help!

Anything like these?

And have you checked at Cost Plus World Mart or Pier One?

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett

Are you looking for these???

I have used them for many years.

Yep, that's them. I picked up a set of 12 at a garage sale, never been used, and I luv'em.

John DePaula
formerly of DePaula Confections
Hand-crafted artisanal chocolates & gourmet confections - …Because Pleasure Matters…
--------------------
When asked “What are the secrets of good cooking? Escoffier replied, “There are three: butter, butter and butter.”

Are you looking for these???

I have used them for many years.

Right! I have a bunch of those but the lids are long gone but the vessels themselves are almost indestructible.

"There are, it has been said, two types of people in the world. There are those who say: this glass is half full. And then there are those who say: this glass is half empty. The world belongs, however, to those who can look at the glass and say: What's up with this glass? Excuse me? Excuse me? This is my glass? I don't think so. My glass was full! And it was a bigger glass!" Terry Pratchett