• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Siroc

rlummis

Just finished our second meal at Siroc, and for those interested in outstanding Italian food, we highly recommend it. Clean flavors, interesting salads, and thoughtful combinations characterize the menu. Pastas were outstanding, especially the lobster/corn capalacci and the vegetable pillows. Well selected, but limited, wine list.

• 5 months later...

4 of ate at Siroc last night. We sat outside since it had cooled down enough to want to be outside. Our waiter was friendly and more importantly knowledgeable about both the menu and wine list. Two of our party were deciding between two entrees and he gave his opinion on the 4 different options and informed one of them that while the lobster is on the regular menu, the gnocchi was a restaurant week special. Anyway back to the food, we tried 3 of the appetizers (the highlight being the housemade pork sausage) and 4 different entrees. I had the lobster w/roasted corn which were light and just right for a cool summer night, my gf had the free range veal cheeks which were tender and cooked perfectly. the other dishes were duck breast w/a tarte which was filled with tallegio and turnips (this was wonderful) and the gnocchi which were light but the sauce was just ok. desserts which i normally skip made me glad i did not skip them. i had the almond cake and the blueberries and zabaglione sauce added to the whole rather than overwheleming it. overall i think restaurant week should make you want to tell other people about your experience and return again, Siroc delivered on both.

Edited by taoseno (log)