• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Rose's Of Englewood -

jtphjl

I noticed on open table "Rose's" looks as if it opened in January -- has anyone been???

Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 1 month later...

Before the Bill Cosby Show at the Englewood Performing Art Center we headed to Rose's (confirmed on Opentable.com)

After a friendly greeting we were ushered to the sunk-in living room to the left of the restaurant, where tables of multi generation families were mingled between multigeneration couples.

This is a BYO, which i failed to notice when making reservations, so we sipped ice-water that was promptly refilled, and began with warm pita triangles to scoup every last drop of a yogurt, cucumber, mint and garlic appetizer and smooth tangly hummus ($6.50 each and adequately shared by 2).

My Main course was ($15.95) two tender chicken, white meat, strips grilled with an outline of crispy herbs and spices (Shish Tawook Platter) served with roasted tomato, and beige colored soft rice! My guest has the grilled cornish hen platter, chicken that fell off the bone onto a neg of grilled onions, beige colored rice and grilled tomato. Sheltering the hen was grilled pita triangles (village bread). Not that we needed dessert (I had half of my dinner set aside for today's lunch) however we opted to share an order of baklava after hearing a near-by table proclaim they never leave without one bite.

With lipton tea infused with fresh mint we opted to share the double serving of (walnut) baklava ($4.95) and proudly devoured the crisp honey delight that fortunatley lacked the gooey syrup of too many inposters.

Rose's of Englewood

126 Engle Street, Englewood 201 541-0020 (take out available)

(a note on the take out menu links them to Fair Law's Roses...it's been a few years since I was at that location ...clearly I have not rushed to return - Rose's of Englewood...I would return in a heart beat!

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

• 2 weeks later...

I drove by Sunday, on the way home from a good dinner at Baumgart's on Palisade Avenue. Rose's is in a location in Englewood that has long proved fatal for restaurants. I did takeout once from the Fair Lawn original and although the food was good, I didn't feel I got enough for the money. I have always gotten better meals at the Lebanese and Syrian restaurants in Paterson's South Paterson neighborhood, such as Assayad, which is on the Clifton side of Crooks Avenue.

Before the Bill Cosby Show at the Englewood Performing Art Center we headed to Rose's (confirmed on Opentable.com)

After a  friendly greeting we were ushered to the sunk-in living room to the left of the restaurant, where tables of multi generation families were mingled between multigeneration couples.

This is a BYO, which i failed to notice when making reservations, so we sipped ice-water that was promptly refilled, and began with warm pita triangles to scoup every last drop of a yogurt, cucumber, mint and garlic appetizer and smooth tangly hummus ($6.50 each and adequately shared by 2).

My Main course was ($15.95) two tender chicken, white meat, strips grilled with an outline of crispy herbs and spices (Shish Tawook Platter) served with roasted tomato, and beige colored soft rice! My guest has the grilled cornish hen platter, chicken that fell off the bone onto a neg of grilled onions, beige colored rice and grilled tomato. Sheltering the hen was grilled pita triangles (village bread). Not that we needed dessert (I had half of my dinner set aside for today's lunch) however we opted to share an order of baklava after hearing a near-by table proclaim they never leave without one bite.

With lipton tea infused with fresh mint we opted to share the double serving of  (walnut) baklava ($4.95) and proudly devoured the crisp honey delight that fortunatley lacked the gooey syrup of too many inposters.

Rose's of Englewood

126 Engle Street, Englewood 201 541-0020 (take out available)

(a note on the take out menu links them to Fair Law's Roses...it's been a few years since I was at that location ...clearly I have not rushed to return - Rose's of Englewood...I would return in a heart beat!