• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bailey's Irish cream recipes

KitchenQueen

St.Patrick's day potluck Tuesday.

Anyone have a recipe that will freeze or refrigerate well if I make it today?

I'm thinking some sort of bars for ease of serving. But anything goes.

I'm going with Bailey's as I have no creme de menthe in the house.

(And I have a limited imagination and don't want to make a special trip to the grocer in this sloppy weather)

Nuts,chocolate,cream, staples, I have .

I tried this Bailey's Irish Cream Crème Brûlée. People really liked it. You can make it ahead, keep refrigerated (well sealed to avoid odour contamination) and broil at the last minute

Alessia,

That sounds wonderful.Alas, I don't have enough custard cups, nor do we have a broiler at work. And I can't stand there forever with my little torch, as many eat at different times.

But you can be your booty I'll be trying this for myself.Thanks !

Well, the recipe book is at work so I googled some ideas - the first one is like my original recipe but I don't think there's enough Bailey's in it; the second has more Baileys, chocolate chips instead of a chocolate marble running through it and a coffee cream topping:

Baileys Marbled Cheesecake recipe

This one sounds more like it (although I haven't made ours in a while) but I would leave out the pecans in the crust - we use just plain choc crumbs (oreos actually) and not do the coffee cream topping.

Baileys Cheesecake Recipe #2

Use your favorite chocolate cake recipe, make cupcakes and then I just eyeball an amount of Bailey's into my Italian Meringue buttercream (too much and it will get too soft, though).

Replace some of the cream in a ganache with Baileys when you make it.

I will bring home the book tomorrow and give you another cheesecake recipe :smile: