• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Trader Joe's in Ballard

The Ballard TJ's opened last Friday (March 6th). I checked it out today and was pleasantly surprised - it's BIG! Nice, wide aisles and all the usual TJ goodies. And if you can't find what you're looking for there, check out Cash "n Carry across the street.

I've heard bad things about the parking lot (small spaces), but I walked, so I don't know if those complaints are valid.

I've heard bad things about the parking lot (small spaces), but I walked, so I don't know if those complaints are valid.

They are!

Having my favorite Kefir nearby seems like it will be a good thing in spite of the tiny spaces (as long as most of us continue to do our primary shopping at local places like the Ballard Market so TJs doesn't drive them out of business...)

Do you suffer from Acute Culinary Syndrome? Maybe it's time to get help...